Our Vision, Aims, Values and Ethos
Our motto is:-
‘St Margaret’s CP School; for learning that lasts a lifetime.’
At St Margaret’s-at-Cliffe Primary School we are committed to delivering inspirational teaching that develops confident, resilient, life-long learners who reach their full potential and make maximum progress.
Our pupils take ownership of their learning and are proud of their achievements. We are dedicated to securing them with strong emotional and mental health; preparing them, with British values, for their lives as global citizens.
Through our work we embody and promote the following values:-
- Respect and tolerance
The overall aim of our school is to develop, in partnership with their parent/carers, happy, well- motivated pupils in a caring and stimulating learning environment. We strive to develop pupils who are well prepared to derive maximum benefit from their secondary education and who are ultimately fit for a life of work, leisure, family and community responsibilities.
- We constantly strive to raise standards and work hard to ensure that no child’s progress is limited.
- We provide a curriculum that the children will find exciting, challenging and fulfilling. We aim to develop children with enquiring minds and the ability to question, reason and communicate.
- We recognise the range of experiences that children bring to school and the value these have.
- We believe that partnership between school and home is crucial to success. We greatly value support from parents and carers and know that good communication between home and school is essential.
- We know that children thrive on praise and encouragement and work hard to acknowledge their achievements.
- We want children to enjoy their time at school, to work hard and to become life-long learners. We believe that children can achieve well whatever their ability.
- We recognise that some children may need additional help at some point in their school lives. We aim to identify children’s needs quickly and to act swiftly; we believe that early intervention is essential. We recognise the value of parental input to this work.
- We develop a staff team and Governing Body who are knowledgeable and forward-looking and support the drive for continued school improvement.
- We work to develop ever closer links with the community. We recognise that education is a continuous and life-long process and that the school plays a vital role in the local community and the local community in the school.
If, by the time children leave St Margaret's-at-Cliffe CP School, we have given every child the opportunity to develop and to become an effective, caring member of society, we will have achieved these aims.
We are a medium-sized primary school; within this context children and families are well-known by
the staff and relationships are strong.
As a village school we make good use of a range of very local community facilities to enrich the curriculum.
Everything we do as a school is to ensure that the children achieve their very best.