Our Vision, Aims, Values and Ethos
Our vision is encapsulated in our motto:-
‘St Margaret’s CP School; for learning that lasts a lifetime.’
Through our work we embody and promote the following values:-
The overall aim of our school is to develop, in partnership with their parent/carers, happy, well- motivated pupils in a caring and stimulating learning environment. We strive to develop pupils who are well prepared to derive maximum benefit from their secondary education and who are ultimately fit for a life of work, leisure, family and community responsibilities.
- We constantly strive to raise standards and work hard to ensure that no child’s progress is limited.
- We provide a curriculum that the children will find exciting, challenging and fulfilling. We aim to develop children with enquiring minds and the ability to question, reason and communicate.
- We recognise the range of experiences that children bring to school and the value these have.
- We believe that partnership between school and home is crucial to success. We greatly value support from parents and carers and know that good communication between home and school is essential.
- We know that children thrive on praise and encouragement and work hard to acknowledge their achievements.
- We want children to enjoy their time at school, to work hard and to become life-long learners. We believe that children can achieve well whatever their ability.
- We recognise that some children may need additional help at some point in their school lives. We aim to identify children’s needs quickly and to act swiftly; we believe that early intervention is essential. We recognise the value of parental input to this work.
- We develop a staff team and Governing Body who are knowledgeable and forward-looking and support the drive for continued school improvement.
- We work to develop ever closer links with the community. We recognise that education is a continuous and life-long process and that the school plays a vital role in the local community and the local community in the school.
If, by the time children leave St Margaret's-at-Cliffe CP School, we have given every child the opportunity to develop and to become an effective, caring member of society, we will have achieved these aims.
We are a medium-sized primary school; within this context children and families are well-known by
the staff and relationships are strong.
As a village school we make good use of a range of very local community facilities to enrich the curriculum.
Everything we do as a school is to ensure that the children achieve their very best.